Segways, also known as self-balancing scooters or hoverboards, have become increasingly popular in recent years. Thanks to their compact size and cool design, they’re perfect for getting around town or campus. And, of course, they’re a lot of fun to ride!
If you are thinking of buying a segway from UK Segboards, here is everything you need to know about it!
1. What are Segways and what do they offer?
Segways are two-wheeled, self-balancing scooters that were invented in the early 2000s. They work by using sensors and motors to keep you balanced and can reach speeds of up to 12 mph.
Segways are a great way to get around town or campus, as they’re much more compact than a car and can easily manoeuvre in tight spaces.
2. How do I ride a Segway?
Riding a Segway is very easy! Just step on, lean forwards or backwards to accelerate or brake, and turn the handlebars to steer. You’ll get the hang of it in no time.
2. How Segways become popular in the UK?
Segways first became popular in the UK in 2015, when they were featured on the TV show The Apprentice. Since then, their popularity has grown steadily, with more and more people using them as a fun and convenient way to get around.
3. Where can I buy a Segway?
You can buy segway from UK Segboards, the leading provider of Segways in the UK. We offer a wide range of models to suit all budgets and needs, so you’re sure to find the perfect Segway for you.
4. Segway safety tips for beginners
As with any new activity, it’s important to take some safety precautions when riding a Segway for the first time. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Wear protective gear: While Segways are relatively safe, it’s always a good idea to wear protective gear such as a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Start slow: Don’t try to go too fast too soon. Get used to the feel of the Segway and how it responds to your movements before you start picking up speed.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to what’s going on around you and be prepared to stop or turn if necessary.
- Follow the rules of the road: Segways are considered vehicles, so you should follow all the same rules as you would when driving a car, such as staying on the right side of the road and yielding to pedestrians.
With these safety tips in mind, you’re ready to start enjoying your Segway!
5. How to maintain your Segboard so it lasts longer
To keep your hoverboard in good condition and make it last longer, there are a few things you can do:
- Keep it clean: Wipe down your Segboard after each ride to remove any dirt or debris.
- Store it properly: When you’re not using your Segboard, store it in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Check the tires: Periodically check the tires for wear and tear and inflate them to the proper pressure if necessary.
- Charge it regularly: Make sure to charge your Segboard regularly, even if you haven’t been using it. This will help keep the battery in good condition.
If you are looking for a modern, affordable and durable segway then look no further than UK Segboards.